ZO-40B Small Ultrasonic Cutter
|Generator||Oscillation Mode||Self-activating oscillation|
|Max. Power Output||20 W|
|Oscillation Frequency||40 kHz|
|Power Supply||100VAC +/-10% 50/60 Hz 30 VA
we recommend the use of the VT-100J
converter for use in USA outlet, i.e 110-120VAC)
|Dimension W x D x H (mm||173 x 89 x 76|
|Cable length||1.4 m|
|Protection Instrument||Thermal shutdown if instrument temperature is above 70oC.
Vibration shutdown if excess force is exerted on the blade.
|Hand Piece||Transducer type>||Bolt clamped Langevin transducer|
|Control||Push button switch|
|Dimensions (mm)||D=32 x L=144|
|Cable Length||Output cable: 1.6 m (straight cord)|
- An Ultrasonic cutter using 40,000 vibrations per second with non-audible sound to assist in reducing the friction during the cutting process.
- The ZO-40 is the latest version of Honda Electronics Small Ultrasonic Cutters and incorporates the following improvements:
- Redesigned handpiece that is more ergonomic
- >17% lighter than the USW334 cutter.
- Vertical standing unit.
- Case color - Black Redesigned controls to reduce the possibility of melting material during cutting of plastic.
- In addition to a thermal shutdown the ZO-40 is equiped with a force switch to shut down the vibration if excess force is exerted on the tip during the cutting operation.
- Additional blade options. Including a thin blade, a serrated blade, and a 16° shallow angle blade.
- The coiled cord to the hand piece has been replaced with a straight cord to reduce tension on the handpiece when working.
Ultrasonic cutting of plastic, rubber, foam, wood, cardboard, fabric, metal foils etc. Used for light production trimming and cutting, model building, radio control vehicle construction, doll making, model sailboat construction, and various hobby and craft work.
Examples of cutting capabilities (estimate):
- Cardboard: less than 2mm
- Resins (ABS, PET, PP and Acrylic): less than 3mm
- Results may vary with the type of material. Please consult us in advance.
- For hard materials or continuous operation consider the USW335-Ti Ultrasonic Cutter.
|ABS-Serrated Blade||Acrylic-Thin Blade||L-Shaped Blade||16° Blade|
How to order
Request a quote of this product by sending an e-mail through:
by refering to the product part number or by calling us at 814-861-5688 (8:30am to 5:30pm EST).
Standard ZO-40 Set w/40 standard replacement blades
Includes: i) Main ZO-40 Body with 1 blade; ii) Replacement Standard Blades (40 blades); iii) Allen wrench (1 unit); iv) Operating manual.
ZO-40 Purchasing Options
|Part Number||Article Description||Price|
Main ZO-40 Body-Black with 1 blade
Optional Parts for ZO-40
|Part Number||Article Description||Qty||Price|
|HA04||Standard Blade||40 units||$ 20.00|
|HA07||Ultra Hard Carbide Blade||1 units||$ 35.00|
|HA08||Square-shaped Blade||1 units||$ 30.00|
|HA10||Round-edge Blade||1 units||$ 25.00|
|ZH04||Blade Clamp||1 unit||$ 20.00|
|ZH04S||Blade Clamp/w screw and wrench||1 unit||$ 25.00|
|HB03||Screw for mounting blade||1 unit||$5.00|
|RR02||Allen wrench||1 unit||$5.00|
|ZH03||L-Shaped Blade||1 unit||$45.00|
|ZH05||1mm Tip Blade||1 unit||$20.00|
|ZH06||2mm Tip Blade||1 unit||$20.00|
|ZH07||1mm Tip Welding Blade||1 unit||$15.00|
|ZH08||2mm Tip Welding Blade||1 unit||$15.00|
|ZH09||Round Tip Blade||1 unit||$25.00|
|ZH10||25mm Long Blade||1 unit||$25.00|
|ZH11||Saw Blade||1 unit||$35.00|
|ZH12||Pointed Engraving Blade||1 unit||$35.00|
|ZH14||0.15mm Thin Blade||5 units||$30.00|
|ZH15S||Blade Clamp/w screw and wrench for ZH14 Blade||1 unit||$35.00|
VT-100J Converter for USA operation - Recommended for USA outlet
The ZO-40 ultrasonic cutter is rated at 100VAC, which is the Japanese outlet voltage. The unit can operate at 100VAC +/-10%. For operation in the USA , i.e. 110 to 120VAC, we recommend to using the VT-100J converter.
|Part Number||Article Description||Units
USA to Japan Step-Down Converter