Piezo Technology Course
Designers, technical staff, research engineers, who wish to be introduced to piezo technology and gain a better understanding of:
- Piezoelectric material parameters and performance
- Performance and possible designs with bulk and multilayer technologies
- The electrical outputs from different designs, i.e. layer height and cross sections
- Production processes in bulk and multilayer manufacturing.
After the course you have learned about:
- Piezo material properties in relation to operating conditions
- Manufacturing of monolayer and multilayer piezo components
- Actuator types
- Performance of different types of actuators
- Reliability issues in relation to operation conditions
- How to use piezo actuators, motors, sensors, generators and transformers in devices
- 09:00 - 09:15: Welcome
- 09:15 - 11:30: Materials: Properties of Piezoelectric Materials
- 11:30 - 12:00: Manufacturing: Manufacturing of Piezoelectric Bulk and Multilayer components
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00 - 14:00: Manufacturing: Manufacturing of Piezoelectric Bulk and Multilayer components
- 14:00 - 16:30: Devices (I): Piezoelectric Actuators
- 16:30 - 17:00: Coffee break
- 17:30 - 18:30: Workshop Session 1: How to design a Piezoelectric Actuator
- 18:30 - 19:00: Round up first day. Questions.
- 19:00 Dinner
- 09:00 - 09:30: Devices (II): Piezoelectric Motors
- 09:30 - 10:00: Devices (III): Piezoelectric Sensors
- 10:00 - 11:00: Devices (IV): Piezoelectric Generators
- 11:00 - 11:30: Devices (V): Piezoelectric Transformers
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00 - 15:00: Design of Piezo devices using ATILA FEA (I)
- 15:00 - 16:00: Coffee break
- 16:00 - 18:00: Design of Piezo devices using ATILA FEA (II)
- 18:00 - 18:30: Round up second day. Questions.
Registration Fee: $1,550
The registration includes:
- Print out of the material for the course
- Includes 2-day lunch and 1-day dinner.
Accommodation and travel
Hotel accommodation should be reserved separately. We recommend making the reservations through Micromechatronics, Inc to obtain a discounted rate. The suggested hotel is Penn Stater Hotel, which is at a walking distance of Micromechatronics, Inc. Transportation will be provided for the dinner. There is also a free-fare bus connecting regularly the Penn State Hotel with State College downtown and with Penn State campus.
For those attendees flying into State College, we suggest the local airport of University Park (SCE). Delta, United Airlines and American Airlines has regular services. The Penn State hotel has a courtesy shuttle service to University Park (SCE) airport for those attendees planning to fly to State College.